That is for me, not for Katharine. She could probably do this forever; well, not forever, but you get my point. I am excited and anxious, ready to meet my little boy: to see what he looks like and what his budding personality will become. (Katharine definitely agrees with this, though--the pregnant part, not so bad, the waiting, atrocious, or so she says.)
Liane, one of our midwives shot our video again - lots of fun. We got cut off at the end, but Katharine was complimenting my baby heartbeat monitoring skills and telling me I could switch careers. I made a bad joke and said I would go into "mid-husbandry," and our midwife took a moment to educate us both. We found out she is a professor with Philadelphia College (yeah, in Philadelphia - strange small world we exist in), which has a midwifery program. Being a midwife is gender neutral and goes back to the Old English "midwif" which means - "with wife". (Yay high school German, I knew "mit" was with.) So a midwife is with the wife when she gives birth, very cool. Liane said she had only ever come across one male student studying to be a midwife, but come on, there has to be more than one out there.
The official due date is next Tuesday, 2/24. If nothing happens before then, we have one more appointment next Monday. Of course, the due date is only a suggestion - we are officially on Q's time and will be sure to let everyone know if anything interesting takes place.
No comments:
Post a Comment