Katharine and I went for our second appointment today to check on how both she and the little growing baby are doing.
Jared learned the there is much less information at appointments for second pregnancies. The first time around I didn't know what questions to ask; this time around I don't have any questions. Katharine is doing great, though a little (a lot?)tired. But that is probably mostly from working and being Q's Mom all the time, plus the fact that Q is resisting my clock lessons and insists on waking up at horribly early times every day of the week - even the weekend. Maybe I should start teaching him how to read the calendar, too.
It was nice to see Lisa today. Lisa was the midwife that spent the evening with us the night Q was born. As I fought to stay awake, and Katharine experienced labor, Lisa was a calm presence, ready to assist and guide us. Interesting how you will never really be close to a person like that, but there will always be a connection.
Listen to Dos's heartbeat. A strong healthy heart. Lisa said the baby was moving around like a wild person....which doesn't bode well for trying to teach Q's younger sibling how to sleep in.
We are scheduled to go in for the next appointment, which will include a sonogram to determine the sex of the baby, on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Until then it will be back to the regular Q updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment