Friday, July 24, 2009

5 months (a little late) and some news!

Wow, does time fly when you're sitting around hanging out at home with the little dude and his daddy. Yep, it's another Mommy-blog, for reasons I shall reveal shortly. Q was 5 months old on Monday, and while we took measurements and pictures, on Tuesday, Jared received a phone call that changed a lot for us. He was offered an Assistant Principal spot in Del Valle (a community a little southeast from us), and so everything's been whirlwind crazy since. Add that to the fact that we're leaving town tomorrow for a stop in Dallas, then up to Pennsylvania for some overdue Quinlan-introductions, and we've been going-going-going for a few days now. I'm a little overwhelmed, too, because I'd been all prepared for Jared to be around a lot more than he's going to be--you could even say I've gotten lazy. :) That won't be the case anymore!

Anyway, Jared's off signing paperwork today, and he was at a training yesterday, and he goes back to work the day before we get home from PA (though we are cutting our trip short by 2 days. . . ), so I thought I'd help out with the blog.

Quinlan is definitely growing and changing daily! I swear that he said "Ma-ma" yesterday, though we were at Target, and I don't have anyone to verify. He's also figured out how to turn his mobile on and off (with his head), and he gets very frustrated when he's trying to crawl, and he doesn't go anywhere. We're convinced his first actual crawl will be in his crib, where he appears to have a party every time we leave him there, because he's never in the same spot twice.

I think we've decided to hold off on solid foods for a little while again (latest research, etc. . . .long story), but he's still growing. By our (rather inaccurate and Wii-based) measurements, he weighs about 17.5 lbs., is about 27 in. long, and his head is about 17 in. around.

Here is the traditional 5-month shot, followed by Q's consistent back-habit: if we lay him on his back, he almost immediately rolls over. He is a cute one!








He certainly looks like he may be crawling soon! Must be all of those athletic genetics. . .
We're on the road starting tomorrow for our big trip to Dallas and then to the Philly area, so wish us luck!

No comments: