Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Happy Half-Birthday

I realized a few weeks ago, as we approached Q's six month birthday, that he was born on my brother's, his Uncle Jay's, half-birthday. So, today Jay celebrated his birthday, and Q celebrated his first half-birthday. A very exciting moment. Happy Birthday Jason.


Yes, I know I look like a complete goof, but what can I say. At least Q and Jason looked good.

Q got to go see Dr. Eady today for his half-birthday. He had a little check-up and the final round of shots for his first immunization series. He weighed in at 18 lbs 3 oz, he was 28 inches long, and his head is 17.13 inches around. All in all, she said he is doing very well, and even the doctor commented about his size, which seems to be larger than it really is.

The medical assistant measures Q's head, while he tries to eat the measuring tape. Hhhmmmmm, measuring tape!



Mom needed to get some cuddles in!




We couldn't let his six-month birthday go by without taking the regular photos.

Yes, he is eating his monkey laying backwards over his boppy.



Working on sitting up.



I love that smile and laugh.



It's been six fun months filled with tons of memories and some sleepless nights followed by sleepy days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: