Writings about the joy of parenthood: our first, Quinlan Rian, was born February 20, 2009, and our second, Zoe Maia, arrived April 8, 2011
Monday, May 24, 2010
More Fun at Q's House
Katharine and I entertained a couple of friends Sunday evening. While we prepared for dinner, we let Q be the director of operations from the kitchen island. He loves trying to help us, especially while cooking. At least it feels that way, though I spend more than normal amounts of time playing with food in the kitchen, so it could be a disproportionate.
Here you can see him giving directions to Katharine as she preps some guacamole. I got the camera out right after he grabbed the salt shaker and decided to salt the chopped up avocados. They clearly needed some salt.
Q learns a valuable kitchen lesson. While cooking, prepping food for cooking, helping with the food, or really just hanging out and watching it get made, you get to sample things. I always said the reason I like to cook is because I like to eat. I'm sure Q will agree.
Q read his new favorite book to Katharine. Notice the elements of food left the kitchen and entered the living room. Quinlan loves going through all the things The Very Hungry Caterpillar eats and sticking his little finger into the hole the caterpillar made. Hmmm......one slice of swiss cheese, one slice of salami . . . sounds good to me.
Monday brought a special visitor: Grandma MJ arrived for a visit with Q. She came with a box of little books just for Q to read. Here he is, sharing one with whomever will grab it.
Grandma MJ also brought Q a Frisco Rough Riders hat. I guess the Phillies are his pro team and the Rough Riders can be his minor league team. Here he is, sorting the mini-books back into their box, an activity he seems to enjoy. Quin is very excited about his coming week and all the fun he will have with his Grandma MJ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment