For my birthday, Katharine got me a book: Hungry Monkey, a tongue-and-cheek, humorous rendering of one family's experiences with food and an infant/toddler. I finally (since my birthday was in November) finished it. I found it very interesting, as well as somewhat reassuring. The overall message was that your baby is a little person, so let them eat what people eat. Separate baby food isn't necessary, just cut everything small. Since reading it, I have been considerably more relaxed about Q's food. I know Katharine did not get me the book in an effort to force relaxation, but I am sure she likes that result.
Here is Q eating steak for the first time.
In addition to the steak he enjoyed several servings of chicken pot pie this past week. In other food adventures, he has developed a very bad Cheerio habit. When sitting in his highchair, he reaches up to the pantry, pointing and yowling until we grab the giant yellow box.
Sometimes he gets to eat while playing. He has a wonderful smile, but it seems to get larger when he has a bowl full of Cheerios.
Other than food, he is really into his duplo blocks and his books. He uses his mouth as a third hand so he can move around and grab onto whatever he can reach. When allowed, he will empty off his bookshelf and usually grabs one of the two copies of his favorite book, Goodnight Moon. Yes, he is holding both of them.
1 comment:
Goodnight Moon is one of Isaac's favorites too!
Post a Comment