Sunday, February 21, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday

Q turned one year old yesterday. It has been an amazing year. Several people have asked how we feel, now that we have been parents for a whole year. Really, there is no way to describe the feelings and changes that have been brought to us by Quin. He is a wonderful addition to our family, so full of joy and happiness - we both love experiencing things fresh through his eyes, as well as just loving on him. We daily experience the love which has no real way of being quantified, described or even understood; the love that a parent feels knowing that child relies on them for everything; the love which makes sleepless nights and fussy meals and messed-up schedules seem like no big deal; the love that is so different than anything else in this world.

We love him. We love you - Happy birthday, Quinlan!


Hmmm....what's this paper for?



Unwrapping on my own


I don't care what's inside, this is fun!


Is there more?



There were new books hidden under that paper!


Testing out the new swing - Dad is hoping sunny weather will prevail,
and the swing can be hung from the tree in the front yard.



The only thing better than new books? Old books!



My food-loving Aunt Elena and Uncle Jason sent me a basket of treats.


It had chocolate strawberries and bananas.....I think I like that stuff.


Okay, I know I like that chocolate stuff.



The one-year birthday shoot. I'm so big now. The doctor said I am almost 23 pounds, 31 inches long, and my head is 19 inches around!


I'm all smiles for the our friend Jenny, who came to take photos of me with her fancy camera.


(Photo by Jenny)
Look, I'm one!



(Photo by Jenny)
Why can't I play with the candle?

(Photo by Jenny)
I guess playing with this part is worth not playing with the candle!
Jay and Elena may be teaching me to love chocolate, but Mom is teaching me to love cake and frosting (or in this case whipped cream on top of the strawberry shortcake cupcake)!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

No comments: