Saturday, May 22, 2010

15 months and still going strong

Q's 15 month birthday was on Thursday, but since it was a school night, towards the end of the year no less, it was easier to do pictures and the measurements a few days late. Veteran parents are all nodding in agreement, but it is true: even though I love my son more every day, that greater love does not produce more photos. Katharine posted on facebook recently about how much she loves Q; the actual quote was, "Katharine Riedlinger loves her kid more than she ever believed was possible. I'm totally a cliche!" It's funny, but true. We go in to check on him before going to bed each night, and the little feeling I get in the pit of my stomach always surprises me: there truly is no greater love than that of a parent's to their children. (I love you Mom and Dad - thanks.)

Now on to the still-growing monster.
Q weighed about 25 pounds today - the Wii scale is more approximate than the doctor.
He was about 31 inches tall. I say about because we are trying to measure him standing up now, which is quite a trick.

The monkey photos -


Q is very excited to see his monkeys.


Hugs for EVERYONE!!!!!


I'm gonna get you!


Pinned down, but no longer small enough to fit on the monkey rug.


Laughing with Mom

After the photos, we used Q's awesome monkey swim wear to actually swim in the pool. He has already experienced the water once this year, sans swim gear, but with the weather we've been having, we wanted to actually get in.



Standing on the second step, all by himself.


Q trying to jump in, away from his Mom, who has quick hands.


The winter did not affect Q's love of the pool. He was ready to kick his feet, lay on his back and stick his face in.


The after swim cuddle. Q sat up on his own in the chair and dried off before heading back inside.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

we enjoyed the pool today, too! looks like yall had a great saturday! katharine, 9 more days until we can have swim play dates :) yes...i did just invite myself over, lol.

Katharine said...

Ashley--anytime! The pool's officially open for the summer! :)