I worked my last day this past Wednesday and don't have to be back at school until August. Needless to say, I am pretty excited about the time I get to spend at home with both Q and Katharine. So far I have enjoyed the slow-paced activities.

Q is taking after his Mom and Dad in their love of books. Grandma MJ gave him this collection of children's books for Christmas, and Q recently started to carry it around. The book is just light enough for him to hoist it up with two hands; it looks like he is toting around this giant weight.

Like everyone else, Q loves getting the mail. This box was delivered Saturday with our new memory card for our coming trip. Quinlan knew it was for him and was very excited about it.

I found this plastic basketball hoop and ball, with which Q loves to play. He is ready to grow 8 feet so he can slam-dunk for the rest of his life.

Every ball he has goes through the hoop. He is partial to the soccer ball and tennis ball, though he uses the blow-up basketball too. We went to Target the other day, and he was very excited about the large concrete spheres that are in front of the door. Each one is about as high as he is, and from the car in the parking lot he was calling, "Ball! Ball!". I tried to have him stand on it, but it was too slick from all of the recent rain.

Always the technophile, Q plays Memory on the iPad with his mom. He gets to touch each card and make it turn over. He loves getting his pairs and clapping for himself.

Not the greatest photo, but you can see Q's little hand coming off of his head. Here he is signing for computer, with a "C" that touches his forehead. Sometimes he looks like he is punching himself in the head. We have been working on his communication, and he is very good at signing things that he wants instead of screaming about it. He catches on pretty quickly. Our new sign is for "No" as in, "Just because you are able to ask for it, doesn't mean you can have it right now or right away." He's not a fan.
1 comment:
Hi guys!
Great pics of the monkey man! He is getting bigger everytime we see him! You have no idea how much we appreciate being included in the process and shown all the steps and moments that you are enjoying with him! I love that you are teaching him sign language! What a great way to avoid the typical tantrums and screaming that most frustrated kids demonstrate! (although I'm sure there's plenty of time for moodiness!) I loved the last comment jared! you guys have such a great sense of humor, and it shows in how amazing your little man is! See you soon!!!!
Post a Comment