Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cribs are for sleeping . . .

I am not sure if we want to celebrate quite yet (let's hope this is not a jinx), but little man has recently decided that eating in the middle of the night isn't always necessary. Needless to say, Katharine and I are thrilled at this change. He hasn't quite mastered sleeping all the way through the night, but when he wakes up he babbles and moves around a little bit and then goes back to sleep. It is very exciting, and as a bonus, both Mom and Dad realized how much more energy that extra sleep provides. So far, it's happened twice. Let's hope it's a trend!


Taken this morning around 6 AM. He did get up around 5:20 when Jared woke up, he ate a little and went back down. After going to bed at 7:30 the night before, this was the longest he has gone without eating--probably ever.


Of course, on the same day that he sleeps like a champion, he also learns to pull-up like a champion. As I drove home tonight, I got the message from Katharine that I had a job when I got there. Evidently, she had placed him in his crib when they got home because he had been sleeping when she picked him up. Katharine went in to check on him when heard louder than normal breathing, and there he was, pulling up on the side of the crib.


Look what I can do!

Of course, this picture was taken later (though he did prop himself up). Needless to say, it was time to lower the mattress in the crib.


A new perspective of the room.



Exploring the new pad.

No comments: